Where to get equipment
You may wish to get simple equipment like toileting and bathing aids, walking frames and walking sticks at your local pharmacy. Find your local pharmacy through NHS Choices
Here are some other suggestions:
- Mobility North London 872 High Rd, London N12 9RH
- Arden Care Supplies provides private homes with a wide range of equipment and mobility aids in their online shop.
- JDA specialist hearing equipment has alerts for phone, doorbell, smoke detector, wake up alarm or baby crying, specialist telephones.
- Hearing & Mobility is a supplier of hearing and mobility aids
- Prestige Healthcare has range of orthotics and accessibility products such as stair and bath lifts, bed rails and wheelchairs.
- Millbrook offers a range of equipment, wheelchair services and assistive technology
AskSARA is an easy-to-use, award-winning online self-help guide that is particularly useful if you are not sure what items might help you in every day life. Choose a topic, answer some questions and get advice.
Equipment issued through our partner Millbrook is on a loan basis and must be returned when it is no longer required.
Get in touch to arrange pick-up:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 8359 5000
Millions of pounds worth of equipment items and wheelchairs are thrown away each year by people who no longer have a need for it.
This means that we can’t recycle it and issue it out to other residents, who may need it to maintain their independence, or to help them stay in their home instead of being admitted to hospital or care homes.