The Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) is a multi-agency board which has been established to improve safeguarding (protection) practices for adults at risk of abuse in Barnet.
What the board does
The board meets quarterly, and their work includes:
- determining policy
- co-ordinating activity between agencies
- facilitating joint training
- monitoring and reviewing progress in safeguarding practices
- developing ways of working which will improve our ability to support Barnet residents across the community to live a life free from abuse
- learning from lessons where people have not been adequately protected.
The Safeguarding Adults Board is linked to other boards promoting the safety of residents such as the Safer Communities Board, Hate Crime Forum and Domestic Violence Strategic Board. A Safeguarding Adults service user forum has also been established to ensure the views of service users and carers are taken into account in the work of the board helping to improve services for Barnet residents.
- - progress on its activities and reports to the Barnet Council Adult Strategy Group, the Overview and Scrutiny Committee, and the Cabinet.
- Safeguarding Adults reviews - a review of cases that involve adults with care and support needs where; an adult has died or suffered serious harm and the SAB suspects or knows that this was because of neglect or serious abuse and, there is concern that agencies could have worked better together to protect the adult from that harm.
- The Safeguarding Adult Board Strategy sets out the aims and approach of the Board. You can also view an Easy Read version.
- Safeguarding Adults Board Constitution sets out the role and objectives of the Board.
- Safeguarding Adult Review Framework gives information about Safeguarding Adult Reviews, including when and how they should be completed
- Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures - set out the codes of practice for across London, which have been approved and endorsed by all member organisations of the board
The Board is made up of a number of organisations including people from the voluntary sector, the Metropolitan police, NHS trusts and staff from Adults and Communities.
- Chris Miller - Independent Chair of the Safeguarding Adults Board
- Louise Ashley – Chief Nurse and Director of Quality Assurance, Central London Community Healthcare
- Nazarine Aiken – Communications Lead, Adults and Communities, Barnet Council
- Dawn Wakeling - Commissioning Director for Adults and Health, Barnet Council
- Marcia Whyte, London Probation Trust
- Jan Stuart-Menteath – Regional Director, Voiceability
- Helen Swarbrick – Head of Safeguarding, Royal Free Hospital, NHS Trust
- Kiran Vagarwal – Head of Community Safety, Barnet Council
- Paula Light - Superintendent Operations, Barnet BOCU, Metropolitan Police
- Dr. Raju Raithatha - PEC GP, Holly Park Clinic
- Ray Booth - Chief Executive, Barnet Mencap
- Martin Haines - Compliance Manager, Care Quality Commission
- Sophie Hill - Community Involvement Officer, London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Sue Smith – Head of Safeguarding Adults, Adults and Communities, Barnet Council
- Steve Leader - Borough Commander, Barnet, London Fire Brigade
- Kate Aston – Adult Safeguarding Lead, Central London Community Healthcare
- Ruth Vines – Head of Safeguarding People, Barnet Haringey & Enfield Mental Health Trust
- Jon Dickinson – Assistant Director, Adults and Communities, Barnet Council
- Joy Maguire – Safeguarding Adults Lead, Barnet Haringey & Enfield Mental Health Trust
- Julie Riley – Director of Care and Support, The Barnet Group
- Lisa Robbins – Volunteer and Projects Officer, Healthwatch Barnet
- Selina Rodrigues, Head of Strategic Development, Healthwatch Barnet
- Trish Stewart – Head of Safeguarding, Central London Community Healthcare
- Siobhan McGovern – Designated Nurse for Safeguarding Barnet, Clinical Commissioning Group
- Heather Wilson – Adult Safeguarding Lead, Clinical Commissioning Group
- Bridget O’Dwyer – Senior Commissioning Manager, Substance Misuse Service
- Emma Coles – Business Manager, Safeguarding Adults Board