Approved food premises application

Apply for a food premises approval license

If you want to operate premises in which you handle or manufacture food of animal origin you need approval from the Food Standards Agency (FSA) or the local food authority, depending on what you are doing. This does not apply to retailers and caterers.

Once we have received your application form and its accompanying documents we will look at them closely. Food safety is a serious matter that affects everyone in our community and it is in your interests to understand and follow the regulations.

What happens if my application is turned down?

If the licensing authority refuses the application you may appeal against the decision. Appeals must be made to the local magistrates' court within one month. If you have lodged an appeal you may be allowed to use the premises pending an appeal, subject to specific conditions made at the time.

What should I do if I have a complaint about food preparation?

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made by you with the trader - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked please contact us using the contact details on the right.

Rate this page?