Hendon Cemetery and Crematorium is a multi-faith site set in 42 acres of parkland and contains one of the largest collections of mature trees in the London Borough of Barnet.
The site makes an excellent place for reflection, and provides visitors with the opportunity to walk in relative peace and quiet.
The Cemetery was originally developed in the Abney Park Cemetery Company Ltd and opened in 1899. The Crematorium was added in 1922, built within the cloisters that adjoined the chapel.
We have sections dedicated to the Greek Orthodox Church, and the Japanese Residents Association. We also have areas specific for Muslim burials.
The Cemetery contains a Commonwealth War Graves Commission maintained memorial to the fallen in both World Wars and has a significant number of military graves throughout the site.
Site and facility information
- Two non-conformist Chapels located side-by-side. Both can be used for burial services, cremation and pre-funeral ceremonies or rituals
- We can accommodate funerals 7 days a week (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day) with the ability to securely broadcast funerals to those who are unable to travel
- Anyone may be buried at Hendon Cemetery and Crematorium irrespective of faith or the area in which you live
- We are the only cemetery to offer discounted burial prices for Barnet residents
- Ample parking available within the grounds
All members of the team at Hendon Cemetery and Crematorium are responsible for providing a sensitive and sympathetic service to the bereaved and all users of the site. Our team members are able to advice you on cremation and burial services, grave selection and associated memorialisation.
Our commitment to you
In 2016, as part of our commitment to continually review and improve the services we offer, we were awarded the prestigious Institute of Cemetery and Cremation Management (ICCM) Charter for the Bereaved Gold Award.
The award is testament to the high level of care provided by our team and our continual work to maintain and develop the Cemetery and Crematorium grounds to the highest standard.
In 2017 we were winners of the ‘Customer Choice Award’ at the London Borough of Barnet Our Star Awards. Nominations for this category are made from residents or service users for excellent customer service.
The management of the site is now under the control of Re (Regional Enterprise) Ltd, a joint venture company between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita plc.
Hendon Cemetery and Crematorium, Holders Hill Road, London, NW7 1NB
Tel: 020 8359 3370