Short Break Summer Activities
A range of providers are available to deliver services and fun activities across the summer holidays, both face to face and online. This includes a range of creative and proactive solutions developed in partnership with families.
We know that many families will be concerned about using public transport to access services. Barnet’s SEN transport team will be available this summer to support access to some of our short break services. If you require transport to access, please speak to your Short Breaks provider about this.
We would like to say a big thank you to the short break providers and partners for working so hard at this difficult time to stay in touch with families and offer their continued support, where this has been possible.
What do I do if my service is not available
Some of our dedicated Short Break providers, have unfortunately decided not to open this summer holiday. We will keep you informed as and when these services open. If you need help in identifying alternative provision for your child, please contact the Short Breaks team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short Breaks approved provider planning to open this summer
Resources for Autism For Children aged from 8 to 19th birthday with a diagnosis of Autism.
- summer playscheme
- community support service in homes and the local community
- weekly group activities and online 1:1 support
Telephone:020 8458 3259
- 1:1 support in the home, and local community throughout the summer
- activities based in Sherrick House (garden area, arts and crafts, baking and sensory room)
- small group activities (start date and venue to be confirmed)
Telephone: 020 8349 3842
- my AFK are running a programme from our site in Hornsey
- small group activities will run each day including sessions at our base and trips to outside spaces
- virtual (online) activities from 27 July
Community Focus Inclusive Arts
Offer online activities with art tutors
Group sessions online:
- Paper animation - Monday 27 to Friday 31 July
- Super hero drama - Monday 10 to Friday 14 August
5 sessions, each session is 1.5 hours. Choice of morning or afternoon sessions.
Telephone 0203 743 9905
Offer online (virtual) activities and support for children with life limiting or life threatening conditions
- virtual 1:1 support in the home
- virtual group sessions and activities online
- virtual Family Days
Telephone: 020 8449 8877
Offer Oops summer playscheme will be running from 23 July to 11 August
The scheme is only available for children at Oakleigh school.
Telephone: 020 8368 5336
Offer summer playscheme running 20 July to the 21 August (Monday to Friday) 9.30am to 2.30pm daily, at the Village school and Woodfield school.
Outdoor activities including:
- arts and crafts
- sensory stories
- messy play
Telephone: 07721 857224
Other services and facilities available
Outdoor Spaces Scheme
Offer exclusive use of two safe outdoor spaces at the Greentop Centre in Colindale, for you and your family to play together this summer.
Area A is a hilly, grassy area with two large climbing frames, while area B is a basketball court and a smaller climbing frame suitable for young children.
The scheme is open to families in Barnet who don’t have access to a safe outdoor space for their children to play and where they have a child with special educational needs associated with ASD (autism spectrum disorder), learning difficulties or other challenging behaviour preventing them from accessing public outdoor venues.
You can book for a 90 minute slot on Monday, Wednesday or Friday afternoons.
- Bring your own toys, games and refreshments
- Areas are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before and after each play session in order to mitigate the risk of virus transmission. This includes toilets and handwashing facilities
- Transport can be arranged on request
- Venues are unsupervised but support from local volunteers can be arranged if required
To book a session, email OutdoorSpaces@barnet.gov.uk