Barnet Family Links is a 10-week course, for parents of 2 to 16 year olds (two hours per session, held once a week).
The course will help you to:
- reflect on the experience you had as a child and of being parented and how this effects your parenting now
- focus on looking after yourself and understanding your own and your child’s emotional needs
- help you build good communication within the family
Areas covered by the course include:
- rewards and penalties
- family rules
- behaviour management
- choices and consequences
- understanding and managing feelings
- nurturing ourselves
- child development
- problem solving and negotiation
If you'd like to attend the Family Links course, please speak with your health visitor, GP, school, nursery or children's centre. They will need to make a referral on your behalf.