Parents and carers of children and young people up to 25-years-old with special educational needs (SEN) or a disability can get free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support about matters regarding education.
- the opportunity for you to talk things through and voice your concerns
- information and advice about Barnet’s Local Offer
- support when writing letters to a school or local authority
- information from trained staff about the law on SEN and disability, health and social care
- help with education, health and care plan needs assessment and processes
- advice on issues around school placement
- support at meetings (with appropriate notice)
- information on who to contact if you’re not happy with a decision that has been made
- support at SEND Tribunals
- advice on exclusions
- information about other organisations that might be helpful to you
- information booklets on a range of topics
- talks to groups and organisations
- information workshops for parents and carers on a range of relevant topics
- an annual conference with informative workshops for parents about SEND issues
For our most common questions, please view our
We only accept referrals from parents and carers. Professionals working with parents and carers are encouraged to support them in contacting the service.
An advisory group makes sure that the Barnet SEND Information, Advice and Support Service provides the right support and information to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs. Please see the terms of reference for details.
Barnet SEND evaluation survey
We want to make sure that we are meeting your needs. We would be grateful if you could take the time to complete the Evaluation Survey and return it to us.
Barnet Parent Carer Forum
The Barnet Parent Carer Forum is a voluntary group of parents and family carers in the London Borough of Barnet, working with the local authority to ensure that the voices of children, young people and their families are heard. If you would like to be involved in the forum or would like more information on what they do visit their website.
Parents views are extremely important and this group provides the opportunity to work together to have your say.