COVID-19 Outbreak. Childrens and families services are currently operating a reduced service.
Most schools are closed.
0-19 Early Help Services are suspended with alternatives
Find out more
Barnet Integrated Clinical Service (BICS)
We offer social, emotional, behavioural and mild to moderate mental health support to children, young people and families within Barnet.
Refer a child or young person to us, if you are concerned about a child or young person’s social, emotional, behavioural or mild to moderate mental health.
We see children, young people and families in schools and in the community.
How to refer your child to BICS
All referrals can be made via Universal Plus Form
Social difficulties may include:
- friendships issues
- peer relationship difficulties
- social anxiety
- family relationship difficulties
- persistent difficulties managing relationships
- isolation/struggling to go out
Emotional difficulties may include:
- disturbed by traumatic event
- problems in attachment to parent/carer
- gender discomfort issues
- difficulty in managing temper/anger
- emotional regulation
Behavioural difficulties may include:
- Poor eye contact
- repetitive problematic behaviours
- difficulties sitting still or concentrating
- verbal or physical aggression/defiance
- toileting concerns
- eating issues
- unexplained physical symptoms
- restrictive or ritualistic behaviours
- disturbed sleep or sleep issues
- self-care issues
- school refusing difficulties
Mental health difficulties may include:
- obsessions and compulsions
- panic attacks
- self-harm behaviours
Mental health and well-being
BICS offers mild to moderate mental health support for social, emotional and behavioural issues to children, young people and families within Barnet, both in schools and out in the community.
We have a new podcast series called to support resident’s wellbeing, brought to you by BICS. These free podcasts will cover a variety of themes and helpful psychological strategies you can use whilst moving out of lockdown.
Wellbeing - Its good for your Mental Health Podcast
Staying well in Barnet - Managing relationship challenges - In this episode, we will be talking about managing relationship challenges in the family as part of adapting to the gradual lifting of lockdown.
You will find useful tips on:
- how to manage relationships in this period,
- developing an understanding of feelings and how we can acknowledge them.
- developing communication skills.
as featured in 'Managing relationship challenges' podcast.
Where to listen to our podcast
The audio for each episode will be available on several podcast platforms. Search for ‘BICS Wellbeing - Its good for your Mental Health’ in your podcast app and download the audio to your device.
Visit our Anchor podcast page to find out more: https://anchor.fm/barnetpodcast
The podcast is available on other platforms: