We want to work with Town Teams to encourage a vibrant daytime and evening economy with quality shops, restaurants, pubs and other amenities all being supported by appropriate planning and car parking policies.
What we can offer:
- We will develop “town centre strategies” for the main town centres, and the views and engagement of town teams will be sought to inform these. These strategies will focus on identifying areas for potential growth, improvements to the high street, supporting local businesses and community groups, and promoting access to the town centre
- Where Town Teams or other community groups have views on planning applications in the local area, or about the kinds of development needed, the council will always be willing to listen to their views and account for them in any planning decisions
- We will support the development of a vibrant evening economy, including restaurants, community pubs and cinemas where there is a local desire to do so
- We will continue to engage with traders and pilot innovative ways to ensure that parking is available, accessible and appropriately used
How can you use the offer?
- Visit our Town Centre Frameworks page to find out more about existing town centre strategies
- Contact email@example.com if you have any ideas for enhancing your area
- Contact your local town team if would like to get involved in the development of a town centre strategy for your town centre. You can find a list of all existing town teams below.
This list will be updated over time as new town teams form.
- Chipping Barnet Town Team
- Cricklewood Town Team
- Edgware Town Team
- Mill Hill Town Team
- Whetstone Town Team
- If you are a local business, and have questions about licensing or would like to establish a new evening business, contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can put you in touch with the correct council officer.