A Town Team is an independent group of local residents, business people and community representatives who come together to make their area a better place to live and work.
Town Team members come from diverse sectors and backgrounds and are all volunteers.
They have a unique position in the community to become ‘local experts’ on their area and to take a lead on the development of projects that can make positive long-term changes.
Town Teams organise a range of activities, from small and large events, to business support and high street branding and marketing.
We want to work in partnership with credible, constituted Town Teams across the borough to deliver real and meaningful improvements in the town centre environment, and are here to support them in that role.
What we can offer:
- We will support and provide guidance for local groups of residents, businesses and community groups who want to create a Town Team.
- Established Town Teams will be invited to network with other Town Teams in and outside Barnet, to promote shared learning and other opportunities.
- The council will attend Town Team meetings at least once per year, and will respond to queries where a specific issue or opportunity arises.
- The council will inform Town Teams of funding opportunities from external organisations, such as the Greater London Authority, and can help to prepare applications.
In addition, the council will be able to offer advice and support to help you establish a Town Team and get it off the ground.
Other help and support
Read the case studies and free resources on how to set up a Town Team:
- Association of Town Centre Management Town Team Support Programme
- Association of Town Centre Management Guidance
- 100 Ways to help the High Street
Interested in joining a High Street Network event run by the London Mayor’s Office?
The network meets regularly to share ideas, knowledge and expertise. It includes private and public sector stakeholders, residents, traders and place-shaping professionals. Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Find out more about the Mayor's Good Growth Fund supporting regeneration in London.
Contact email@example.com to discuss:
- how we can support an existing Town Team.
- getting help in setting up a Town Team in your area.
- registering to join our Town Teams and community groups network.
- a specific issue or query that you would like us to address.
- inviting us to your Town Team meetings
- finding out whether there is already a Town Team in your area you can get involved in
There are currently Town Teams (or similar groups) in Chipping Barnet, Cricklewood, East Finchley, Edgware, Mill Hill and Whetstone and we are working with businesses, residents and community groups to set up Town Teams in other areas.
Contact a town team
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Chipping-Barnet-Town-Team-300087863519041/