The Specialist Team is a team of advisory teachers and support staff with a variety of specialist training and experience, who provide educational support to children and young people who have a range of disabilities and learning difficulties, their families and educational settings, from diagnosis to 19 years of age.
The Specialist Team covers the following areas:
- Autism Spectrum Conditions (including Asperger syndrome)
- Hearing Impairment (including any degree of hearing loss or deafness)
- Physical/Medical disability
- Visual Impairment (including blind, partially sighted, sight impaired or any visual disability)
- Behavioural difficulties
- Speech, Language and Communication difficulties.
The Beam Team is also part of the Specialist Team and provides early intervention for children from diagnosis to 5 years old with Autism Spectrum Conditions in their homes.
KEY WORDS: Autistic Spectrum Disorder, ASD, Asperger's, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Deaf, Hearing Impaired, HI, SEN, PD, Disabled, Cerebral Palsy, CP, Blindness, Braille, Low Vision, Visually Impaired, VI, medical disability, Early Years.