Prosecutions - Section 179 of The Town and Country Planning Act 1990
Received: 17 December 2019
By way of an FOI request will you please respond to the following:-
1) The number of prosecutions carried by your council out over the past six years involving offences under section 179 of The Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2) The number of prosecutions under the said section disposed of in the Magistrates Courts
3) The number of prosecutions under the said section disposed of in the Crown Court either by election or through referral from the Magistrates Court.
4) The details of the enforcement notice and or stop notice giving rise to the prosecution in question.
4A) Details of the Enforcement Reference Number, details of the breach alleged, details of the effective date and details of the date for compliance.
5) The name address and reference of the agent, if any, representing the alleged transgressor of the council planning policies etc.
6) Details of the PINS reference number in the event of an appeal being filed against the enforcement notice in question.
7) Details of the outcome of the section 179 Prosecution. Whether the defendant pleaded guilty/not guilty or was found guilty/not guilty or other outcome as the case may be.
7) Details of the fine or other sentence passed on the defendant
8) Whether an order was made under Part 2 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA).
9) Details of the POCA order made, ie, what was the monetary or other extent of the POCA order.
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible