Council-owned leisure centres
Received: 9 January 2020
I am writing under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request information about reports of sexual assaults in council-owned leisure centres.
* Please provide me with the number of council-owned leisure centres in your council?
* Of these, how many have single sex facilities ie. a single sex gym or pool area NOT including changing rooms.
* For 2019-20 (to date), 2018-19, 2017-18, 2016-17, 2015-16, please provide me with the number of reports of sexual assault that have been recorded by the council-owned leisure centres?
* Of those incidents above relating to sexual assaults at a council-owned leisure centre, how many were escalated to the police?
* Of those incidents above relating to sexual assaults at a council-owned leisure centre, how many occurred in centres WITHOUT some single sex facilities NOT including changing rooms.
Please provide the data in an excel spreadsheet and confirm you have received this email.
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me via email or phone and I will be happy to clarify what I am asking for, my details are outlined below.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response within 20 working days in accordance with the FOIA.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download