MIS for schools
Received: 19 October 2020
We are a UK based consultancy which focuses on the education sector. We are looking to understand the usage and cost of MISs for schools in each Local Authority. This is with a focus on historic usage of Capita SIMS and other MISs, cost and turnover.
We would like to ask for your help in this work by requesting some data under the Freedom of Information Act.
The request includes the following information:
* The number of schools supported by the Local Authority (LA) owned SSU
* The total amount paid (£) by schools to the LA owned SSU (broken down by total, support services and licences)
* The total amount paid (£) by the LA owned SSU to MIS/SIS providers (broken down by total, support services and licences)
* The total amount paid (£) by the LA owned SSU to Capita SIMS (broken down by total, support services and licences)
* Whether the Local Authority uses one or multiple MIS/SIS
* Whether the Local Authority is looking to run a tender process for new MIS/SIS providers in the next 12 to 24 months
* The number of schools expected to switch from Capita SIMS to another MIS/SIS provider in the next 12 to 24 months
* Whether the Local Authority is planning to make their SSU independent
Each value should be segmented by School type (Primary, Secondary, etc.) and year including 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 and forecast 2020/21.
We have attached an Excel spreadsheet which lays out our request in more detail. Please note that there are two worksheets to fill in. We would be very grateful if you could record your responses in this spreadsheet and email it back to us when completed.
It may be the case that you do not have detailed records of some of the requested data points, or you may find that although you have relevant data it does not quite fit into the format we have laid out in the spreadsheet. We ask that the data be provided in its fullest possible extent; we understand that if some data is unavailable certain sections may be left incomplete. In these cases, or if you have any other questions or comments regarding this research, please do feel free to phone/email using the contact details supplied above.
Lastly, we would like to let you know that as part of this research we have contacted all Local Authorities with similar requests. Through this research we hope to uncover genuine insights around the historic and future usage and cost of Capita SIMS to support investments in the company.
We understand that these requests create an administrative burden for Local Authorities and we very much appreciate your help.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (not held) - application/pdf - Download