COVID-19 Outbreak. Health and well being services are currently operating a reduced service.
Stop smoking service changes
Changes to the healthy child programme
Some sexual health service suspended
Find out more
Barnet offers free infant feeding support through a range of baby clinics and drop in support sessions across the borough.
The breastfeeding support drop ins are welcome for all to join - mums, partners, grandparents, breast feeders, mixed feeders, whether its lots of support wanted or just little questions answered (antenatal and postnatal). All of the breastfeeding drop ins offer 1:1 support from trained, experienced breastfeeding supporters. Babies and children of all ages are welcome. Look out for the support sessions which also run as baby groups - a great opportunity to chat, play, and meet other mums and babies too!
To find your nearest group or for support:
- Email Barnet Breastfeeding Support Service: CLCHT.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 07815717055 (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm)
- Check the Facebook page for a full up to date timetable of free drop ins, or send a message
For any further questions or support around infant feeding, please speak to your health visitor or midwife. Contact your local team or come along to your nearest baby clinic (please note, some clinics you must book before attending).
NHS Choices provides further information on breastfeeding
- National Breastfeeding Helpline on 0300 100 0210 (9.30am to 9pm, 365 days a year)
- Find help and advice at breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk
- National Breastfeeding Helpline-Provides independent, confidential, mother-centered, non-judgmental breastfeeding support and information between 9.30am and 9.00pm 0300 100 2012