The oldest building standing in Stonegrove today is occupied by Apex Garden Materials. It originally formed part of Nichols farm, and is from the 17th century. Further up are two sets of almshouses.
- Atkinson's Almshouses were originally founded in 1680, but rebuilt in 1956, to designs by L. I. Cowland. When it opened, the rules of admission were that the claimants had to be "of sober life and conversation, regular in their attendance at public [Christian] worship, and above the age of fifty years with no more than five pounds in their possession". Claimants also had to have lived in Edgware for at least ten years
- the Charles Day Almshouses were built in 1828 by Charles Day. Charles Day was associated with a firm in Edgware called Day and Martin, which survived until the very end of the 19th century, and he is buried in the churchyard of St Margaret's. There is a legend that when Day was a young man, he gave shelter for the night to a wandering soldier. The soldier was not able to pay Day for his hospitality, and instead provided him with the recipe for blacking polish. So successful was the boot blacking that Day made his fortune from it, and he built the almshouses in gratitude for his successful life. Day lived at Edgware Place, the lodge of which was in the shape of boot blacking bottle
By the early 19th century there were a number of villas along Stone Grove, of which Stone Grove House is the last remainder, but it was during the 1920s, after the opening of the tube station at Edgware, that the area really began to develop.
Canons Park Estate
The entrance gate of what had been Cannons House is now the entrance to the Canons Park Estate
- the estate had 600 acres of land in 1887
- the last owner spent £50,000 having the house refurbished in the 1900s, but sold the estate to developers in 1926, being in debt and not wanting to live in the suburbs
- one of the partners in the sale of the land was a man called George Cross. Cross put aside 85 acres of the estate and built the Canons Park Estate using designs by A. J. Butcher
- the houses sold for between £1500 and £3500 each
- much of the remaining estate, including the house, was bought by the North London Collegiate School in 1929
Stonegrove Park (7 acres) was opened in May 1934, and around the same time Rodger Malcom Homes were selling new homes in Mill Ridge for £1,150.
Sidbury Lodge was replaced by a Reform Synagogue sometime after 1951.
Spur Road was built to connect The Edgware Road with the new Watford Bypass in 1927. Spur Road Estate was opened in 1957.