Unless items are already reserved by someone else you can usually renew them for a further 21 days.
You cannot renew DVDs. You can keep these for longer but a further loan charge will be made (for each loan period) when you return them to the library.
How to renew books and other items
- to login you will need your library membership number and 4 digit PIN
- if you have forgotten your PIN you can reset it. Please note your PIN must be 4 numbers.
- if you do not have a PIN contact your library
You can also renew items on your library card by phone using our automated phone line 24 hours a day.
- call the number for your local library
- when asked choose option 1 to use the automated renewals service and follow the instructions
- you will need your library card
- if you need help just press the * key on your telephone keypad to take you back to the menu then 0 (zero) to speak to a member of staff. Please note that staff are only available for assistance during library opening hours
You can also renew books at any Barnet library. You will need to take your library card with you.