If your business premises are in a Controlled Parking Zone you can apply for a permit to allow you to park in a permit holder only space during the controlled hours.
Your business can buy a maximum of 3 business parking permits.
You need to supply proof of vehicle ownership and a sheet of business headed paper explaining the nature of your business.
Renew a business permit
You must renew your business permit either shortly before, or on the date the existing permit expires.
You need to submit proof every 3 years for business permit renewals.
Please allow 1 working day after submitting your application before calling the Parking team to make payment and progress your application.
Business permit specific registration costs are:
- weekly: £26
- monthly: £73.50
- annual: £525
A business permit (any registration) costs £840 and can only be bought annually.
Change permit details
- Request change of permit address
- Change permit contact details
If you no longer require your parking permit you can apply for a refund through the parking permit portal.
Terms and conditions
- The permit only allows you to park in a "Business Permit Holders Only" or "Permit Holders Only" parking place during the controlled hours, making sure that the same zone identifier letters displayed on the permit appear on the sign.
- The permit does not allow you to park in a "Resident Permit Holders Only" parking place, Pay and Display bays, yellow lines or any other parking restriction.
- The permit may only be used in a shared use parking place where the signs indicate the zone identifier wording in condition 1.
- The issue of a business permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space nor does it render the council subject to any liability in respect of loss or damage to the vehicle in a parking place or the contents or fittings of the vehicle.
- The permit must be displayed on the front windscreen of the vehicle so that the details are clearly visible from outside the vehicle.
- Parking places may be suspended by any person duly authorised by the council or police. A business permit is not valid in a parking place where signs indicate it is suspended.
- It is prohibited to use a vehicle in a parking place in connection with the sale or offering or exposing for sale of goods.
- The maximum number of annual business permits which shall be issued to a business address within a street or part of a street at any one time shall be three.
- If an annual permit is lost or destroyed the council may replace the permit once an administration charge has been paid. The replacement permit will display the same expiry date as the previous permit.
- If an annual permit is no longer required, the council may arrange a refund for the remaining number of full calendar months once the original permit is returned to our office. The refund will be calculated from the date the permit is received and will be for any full unused months. It is recommended that you send the original permit by recorded delivery post as without this permit we cannot arrange a refund.
- The council may revoke a permit if it is believed that the permit is being misused. Where a vehicle has three or more outstanding penalty charge notices issued that have progressed to 'charge certificate' stage (by this stage there is no longer a right of appeal) then a new or renewed permit will not be issued for that vehicle until the outstanding penalty has been paid or the matter otherwise resolved.
- Failure to comply with these conditions may result in a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) being issued to your vehicle.
- A goods vehicle with an overall height greater than 2.3 metres may not make use of a parking place during controlled hours.