Out of year admissions
Admission of children outside the normal age group
You cannot insist that your child is admitted to a different year group at school.
You can request an out of year admission
- if your child is gifted and talented
- has experienced problems such as ill health or
- you have another reason why your child should be moved.
Before making a request to us you should discuss the issue with your child's class teacher and school head teacher.
Making an out of year admission request
You will need to submit 2 application forms:
1. Request for out of year admission form (PDF) and submit this form together with your supporting evidence.
The admission authority for each school will make a decision based on the circumstances of your case and in the best interests of the child.
the admission authority will consider
- the parent’s views
- information about the child’s academic, social and emotional development
- the child’s medical history, where relevant, and the views of a medical professional
- whether the child has previously been educated out of their normal year group
- the views of the head teacher will be an important part of this consideration.
School Admissions Team
2 Bristol Avenue
Telephone: 020 8359 7651
Enquiries: contact us online