Children and young people with disabilities and special educational needs and their families may require support from social care services.
Barnet’s 0 - 25 Service coordinates the statutory support for children and young people up to 25 years old with disabilities including:
- the timely completion of statutory assessments for children and young people who have disabilities
- contribute to the annual reviews of education, health and care plans
- support strategic planning and joint working with parents, schools, health and social care to meet the needs of children and young people with disabilities in mainstream schools wherever possible
- manage transition to adult social care, where appropriate
- deliver Occupational Therapy assessments and provision of equipment at home for children with disabilities
- lead on safeguarding for disabled children and young adults
We provide a high standard of care and support in Barnet. The Care Act gives us an opportunity to build on and improve the care and support that we deliver, by making it more focused on the individual, their needs and their wellbeing.
The Care Act came into effect in England on 1 April 2015. It aims to make care and support more consistent across the country.