Fingerprint technology in schools
Received: 18 May 2023
Under the Freedom of Information Act please advise the following:
1) Please provide a list of educational establishments using fingerprint technology for students 18 and under.
2) Please provide your advice to companies which are providers to schools and schools/educational establishments wishing to use fingerprint technology. (This would include advice ref GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018).
3) Please advise if you have been approached by any companies wishing to supply fingerprint to schools and provide all communications you have had with them, this includes all communications, i.e. minutes of meetings, letters, emails, video calls, etc.
4) Please advise if your office has examined or have any details of standards any fingerprint technology hardware and software to be used in educational establishments.
5) Please advise where in the schools fingerprint technology is being used and what is the purpose?
Outcome / Documents
- Response (not held) - application/pdf - Download