Walking, running and cycling trails
Active trails are pre-plotted routes of 1k, 2.5k or 5k which can be walked, run or cycled at your own pace - all for free.
Active trails supports The Mayor of Barnet’s Golden Kilometre initiative which was launched in 2015. The Golden Kilometre aims to encourage primary school children to exercise and inspire young people to lead healthier and more active lifestyles.
Walk, run or bike active trail maps
- Barnet Playing Fields (PDF 13MB)
- Bethune Park (PDF 13MB)
- Clitterhouse Playing Fields (PDF 26MB)
- Copthall Playing Fields (PDF 9MB)
- Edgwarebury Park (PDF 12MB)
- Montrose Playing Fields (PDF 11MB)
- Scratchwood Open Space (PDF 9MB)
- Sunny Hill Park (PDF 44MB)
- West Hendon Playing Fields (PDF 11MB)
Each map contains the route location, distance and a difficulty rating of 1 to 4 (1 = easy and flat, 4 = difficult and hilly).
The majority of the routes cross footpaths and grassed areas and therefore may be muddy and / or uneven, making them unsuitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
Routes in Friary Park, Oakhill Park, Sunny Hill Park and Montrose Park are entirely on footpaths making them suitable for all users.
Greenspaces and Leisure Team
2 Bristol Ave
Tel: 020 8359 4600