Summers Lane recycling and reuse centre
Summers Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre will open again as normal from Friday 5 February.
Visiting Summers Lane
The site is only available to visit by booking in advance.
Covid-19 health restrictions
You should not enter the site if you:
- or anyone in your household or support bubble has COVID-19 symptoms, or is self-isolating
- are extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes
- have tested positive for COVID-19 whether or not you have symptoms
- have been told to self-isolate by the NHS.
Conditions of entry to Summers Lane
- visitors will need a valid booking or entry will be refused
- please wear a face covering on site
- site staff will not be available to help with unloading, please make sure you can carry your items by yourself or with one other person
- if you have a disability and require help unloading, please show proof to a member of staff on site who will be able to assist you
- a limited number of cars will be allowed on site at one time
- pedestrians and cyclists can access the site
- for visits in a van, please make a booking at least 24 hours in advance of your visit. Proof of residency, such as a utility bill is required for van bookings
- no more than 2 people should leave the car when on site to deal with heavier items
- please adhere to social distancing measures - visitors should keep 2 metres from other people when on site
- please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times.
What you can take to Summers Lane
Items you can bring:
- car batteries
- cooking oil
- food tins and drink cans
- fridges and freezers
- fluorescent tubes
- mixed glass bottles and jars
- gas bottles
- garden waste
- hardcore and rubble
- large appliances
- mixed light bulbs
- mixed paper and card
- mixed plastic packaging
- mobile phones
- plastic packaging
- printer cartridges
- scrap metal
- small electrical appliances
- TVs and monitors
- mixed textiles and clothes
- used engine oil
- wood and timber.
Please check the full list of items accepted
Booking your visit
Slots are available to book in 60 minute slots and the site is open 7 days a week from 9am to 4pm. The site will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Additional measures have been introduced to ensure effective social distancing. This means you may have to wait before being able to enter the site. Please be patient during this time.
Where possible, please make use of the weekly recycling and refuse collections, and the fortnightly garden waste service.
Make your booking
The booking website does not work on Internet Explorer.
You will need to use another web browser such as Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox to make your booking.
If you are experiencing issues or need help to make your booking, please call London Energy Ltd:
07483 077859 Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.